Change the way you watch TV, Movies and Gaming with Huey! Huey uses your device’s camera and microphone to dynamically change colors on your Philips Hue or LIFX light bulbs. By pointing your camera to your TV or display, you can create dramatic lighting effects for a more realistic and immersive experience. All you need to get started is a Philips Hue Bridge and 1 or more connected Philips Hue or LIFX lights, it’s that simple! The result will be an amazing light show that rivals some of the other pricier ambient light solutions in the market.
For devices running Android 5.0 and up, Huey also introduces a new feature called Background mode, which allows the app to detect the colors on your screen while running in the background (no root required). Sync your light’s colors while watching a video, playing your favorite game or looking at pictures from your mobile device.
Please check out the YouTube promo video for a demo of Huey in action.
★ “Huey for Android is the perfect app for those of you with Phillips Hue or LIFX lights that are looking to get a bit more immersive.” – AndroidCentral.com
★ “Rockaway Labs has made it possible to enjoy some fun ambient lighting with just a Hue bulb and a smartphone.” – Geek.com
★ “To really impress people, give the Huey Android app a download, then sit guests down in front of a TV and blow their minds.” AndroidPolice.com
★ “With the app, and some Philips Hue lightbulbs, you can create an immersive TV viewing experience” – AndroidCommunity.com
★ “Apps we like” section on Philips Hue Website – http://meethue.com/en-us/friends-of-hue/apps-we-like/
★ “Top 10 most popular Android apps of the week” – AndroidandMe.com
• Philips Hue Bridge and at least 1 Philips Hue or LIFX light connected to your WiFi network.
How to use:
1. Link Huey with your Philips Hue Bridge (Make sure that your device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Philips Hue Bridge + Lights)
2. Select the lights you would like to use
3. Adjust the color region as you see fit.
4. Sit back and enjoy the show!
* Background mode
• Accurate color detection.
• Downloadable plugins
• Eyedropper tool for previewing color and RGB values.
• Resizable color field for complete control.
• Turn lights on or off.
• Adjust light brightness.
• The smaller the color field, the faster the color detection will be.
• Use the volume up and down keys to adjust the zoom level on camera preview.
• For extended use, we recommend that you have close to full battery on your device, otherwise plug it to a power source to prevent battery from running out.
Here at Rockaway Labs we love your feedback, so please if you have comments or need help with the app, make sure to e-mail us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @rockawaylabs
Disclaimer: Huey is a creation of Rockaway Labs and is in no way affiliated with Philips, Philips Hue or LIFX.